First of all, I would like to thank John for nominating me for this Blogger Recognition Award. I’m still a newbie in this blogging experience and it such a flattering to be recognized and appreciated. John is doing a great job through his blog https://carpediemeire.com/ which I wouldn’t hesitate to follow since he first visited my blog.
The Blogger Recognition Award has the following rules of nomination:
- Write a post to publicize the nomination.
- Express our gratitude to the blog that nominates us and links our post to your website.
- Write about how our blog started.
- Give advice to new bloggers.
- Nominate 15 blogs of which we are followers and to which we want to grant this recognition. We can not include the blog that nominated us.
- Comment on each nominated blog that you have named and provided the link to the post you have created.
I started to think about blogging around December 2017. I just came back from a road trip to Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara, with my boyfriend (now is my husband) and I think this journey should not be forgotten. My husband, Willy, likes to do a road trip with his motorbike and I like to travel and explore the new place, and both of us like to take landscape pictures (rarely a selfie). We used to post our photos on Instagram and Facebook, but it seems not really comfortable for me. I want to write about a journey, a story that tells about how we get to somewhere and how we feel about it. So I decided to create a blog and name “bike and backpacker” for this blog because we like to trip by motorbike and our budget is a little bit tight.
We both are Indonesian. For our convenience, we should write a post in Bahasa Indonesia, but I think about going global so I decide to write my post in full English. Although my English wasn’t really good, especially my grammar (pardon me!), but at least I’ve tried. I hope you can understand. Please correct me if I’m wrong. 😀
I’m still feeling as a newbie, but let me give advice to the new bloggers from what I’ve learned for this past 8 months of blogging:
- The consistency of writing and post on your blog. I was so clueless at first about blogging, so I just posted something if I want to. WRONG! By research, I found out that consistency to post is one of the ways to keep my site alive. You want to see how ‘alive’ is your site? Check on your site’s statistic. It tracks your viewers, visitors, and everything you need to know about your site’s traffic. Sometimes it motivates me to post more. I’m still trying to post at least once in a week though.
- Write on what you desire the most. You don’t need to have a good photo to post something. Poetry, reviews, or just a short story of your daily life, it doesn’t matter. Photos on my blog are only taken by a smartphone camera and my English is far from perfect. But I TRIED!
- Engage with your readers and other bloggers through comments. It’s important so you can be recognized. ‘Like’ doesn’t help. I’ve learned.
- Read a lot of tips in blogging and don’t hesitate to ask anything to other bloggers. WordPress has enough tips for it.
- Categories and tags on your blog are not for a decoration. Make it useful by categorized your post with a related but simple category, and tags it to something relevant. It helps your blog searchable.
- Share and promote your post to other platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. Who knows it will boost your viewer.
- Enjoy the fun of blogging!
I would like to nominate the following 15 bloggers for the Blogger Recognition Award who deserves this award:
And… it’s a wrap! Once again, I thank John for the award nomination, the readers, viewers, and those who ‘like’ and ‘comment’ on my blogs. Thank you!